Wicked!!! As Husband Impregnates Wife’s Sister, Strangles Baby After Birth - News Unplug

Header Ads

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Saturday, 9 September 2017

Wicked!!! As Husband Impregnates Wife’s Sister, Strangles Baby After Birth

Bayelsa State Police have arrested a 47-year-old man, Moses Otimba, for impregnating his wife’s younger sister, Joy Mathew, and killing the male child five days after birth, TheNation reports.
Otimba was said to have asphyxiated the child to death and buried him in a shallow grave at a river bank. The suspect, reportedly executed act in connivance with the 19-year-old girl. .

The two have since been arrested. The Commissioner of Police, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asuquo Amba, said: ”The pregnant Joy was delivered of the baby by a traditional birth attendant at Amarata, Yenagoa on May 8, 2017.

On May 13, 2017, Moses, Joy and the baby left the birth attendant and went across Swali bridge where Moses took the baby from her mother (Joy), went down the river shore, sniffed the baby to death and buried him in a shallow grave.”

Amba said Joy, who claimed to be under the influence of ”some spirits”, disclosed the incident to her mother three months after the act. He said angered by the development, Joy’s mother reported the matter to the police.

Amba said:

”The suspect, Moses Otimba, has confessed to the crime and Joy Matthew has also confessed on her alleged involvement in the murder of the baby. Investigation is ongoing.” .

Otimba, in his confessional statement said he killed the baby boy because he was ashamed to tell his wife (Glory) and his mother-in-law. He admitted killing the baby with the consent of Joy, after discussing his predicament with her. .

Otimba said:

”When I was carrying out the act, I was weeping and crying but I had no choice. I closed his nose and within some seconds, he stopped breathing. After that, I started regretting.

The mother of the baby agreed that we should kill the baby. I told Joy that the situation was precarious for me and that I did not know how to tell my wife about the development. On that day, she was carrying the baby. .

She gladly gave me the baby to do whatever I wanted to do. My wife was not aware. But somehow, I did not know what happened. I learnt Joy told her mother who alerted the police and we were arrested.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here